Every new app needs its “Hello World” example in order to familiarize users about user interface and basic functionalities. An appropriate “Hello World” app for Creo could be a simple button that is able to open a new window.
1. Start Creo and choose “New Empty” from the Wizard window.
A new empty project is a Window1 inside a Navigation1.
2. Create a new window using the “New Window” button on bottom left and then reselect Window1.
3. Drop a button from the Objects pane to Window1.
4. Reveal Code Editor using the “Code Editor” button from the document toolbar. Select Button1 Action event from the Events group and write the following Gravity code:
5. Press Run Simulator button into Toolbar:
Download “Hello World” project.
Notes about beta 5.3
Starting from Creo 1.0b5.3 you could also use Window2.open(); to achieve the same behavior.
It means open Window2 in current active Navigation.